One common theme in many dreams is being chased or pursued by someone or something. This can be a terrifying experience, with the intense feeling of fear and panic that often accompanies it. But have you have wondered what would happen if you just let whatever is chasing you catch you? Probably not in your dream as you are running for your life, but when you are awake, the idea of what would happen is probably pretty intriguing. And there’s a reason. Your subconscious mind wants you to get caught!
Why Is Someone Or Something Chasing You In A Dream?
There are various interpretations of being chased in a dream, but one common symbolism is that it represents something in your waking life that you are trying to avoid or escape from. It could be a problem, a fear, or even a person.
Stop Running And Face It
If you can, try to stop running and face whatever or whoever is chasing you. By facing and confronting the chaser in your dream, you are acknowledging this issue and taking control of it.
You will be surprised at where the dream goes from here. Sometimes they may still run at you. Sometimes they may stop and stare at you. Sometimes they may run the other way.
Whatever happens, allowing your subconscious mind the ability to stop and confront whatever is chasing you can help you get to the root of the problem that is causing the dream in the first place.
So what happens if you don’t stop running and face it but actually just get caught by it?
Being caught in a dream can sometimes bring relief or resolution. It feels good to stop running in fear. In this sense, letting yourself get caught could be seen as a positive sign of personal growth and progress.
Will you be attacked? There is always a possibility of being attacked in the dream world after being caught, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will happen.
Usually, when you get caught, it will not be as scary as you think it’s going to be. It may lead into a conversation, or you may just end up shifting dream scenarios and start to dream of something, someone, or somewhere else.
If you do get attacked after getting caught, it could just be your brain’s way of preparing you for what may come later on and trying to help you develop coping mechanisms.
It is important to stay present and remember that no matter how real the dream may feel, it isn’t actually happening. Having this knowledge can give you enough courage to stand your ground no matter what happens when you get caught.
How To Let Yourself Get Caught In A Dream
Getting the courage to allow yourself to get caught in a dream is not easy. After all, being chased can be a terrifying experience. But if you find yourself constantly having these dreams and want to confront the chaser, here are some tips:
- Visualize a Positive Outcome: Before going to sleep, visualize yourself getting caught and the chase ending in a positive way. This can help reframe your subconscious thoughts and manifest a more empowering dream experience where you not only allow yourself to get caught but you work through the issue that caused the dream in the first place.
- Take Control: Remember that this is your dream and you have control over it. Instead of running in fear, consciously and confidently stop and face your pursuer.
- Ask Questions: Once you have stopped, try to engage in conversation with the chaser. Ask them why they are chasing you or what they represent. This can give you insight into the root of your fear or problem.
- Confront Your Fears: If the chaser is representing a specific fear, confront it head on in your dream. This can help lessen its power over you in waking life.
Nobody Knows For Sure What Will Happen If You Get Caught
What happens if you let yourself get caught in a dream will be different for each person.
But one thing we can say for sure is that by facing and confronting your fears (whatever is chasing you), you may find greater understanding and resolution in both your dreams and waking life around the problem.
So the next time you find yourself being chased in a dream, try letting yourself get caught and see what happens. Who knows, it could lead to some valuable insights and personal growth.
Why Sign Up?
- Exclusive Content: Be the first to receive insights and research on dreaming and lucid dreaming techniques.
- Personalized Tips: Get tailored advice that helps deepen your understanding and skills in lucid dreaming.
- Freebies: Enjoy handpicked resources, e-books, and tools designed to guide you into the world of intentional dreaming.
- Stay Up To Date: Receive updates on our new posts that may be relevant to you.