We’ve talked about using your intuition to decode your dreams, but you can also use your dreams to help you listen to your intuition better. This can come in handy if you are not getting those gut feelings or having problems listening to your inner guidance system while you are awake. Whether stress, overthinking, or a physical issue is keeping you from listening to your intuition, your dreams are the perfect place to tune back in.
Reasons You May Not Be Able To Listen To Your Intuition During The Day
The world is getting louder. And as it gets louder, many of us have a harder time quietening down the external noises and listening to our inner self guidance system. There are many reasons for this.
- Stress and distractions: When we are busy or stressed, our minds tend to be cluttered with thoughts and worries, making it hard to hear our intuition.
- Overthinking: Constantly analyzing and second-guessing ourselves can block out our intuition.
- External influences: Other people’s opinions or societal expectations may cloud your judgement and prevent you from following your own intuition.
- Physical and mental health issues: Certain physical or mental health conditions can affect our ability to connect with our intuition.
The Importance Of Tuning Into Your Intuition
Tuning into your intuition is of paramount importance for several reasons. It serves as your inner compass, guiding you through life’s decisions—big and small—by providing insights that go beyond logic or analysis.
It is a potent source of wisdom, derived from your subconscious mind and past experiences.
Your intuition can often steer you right when the path is unclear, helping you make choices that align with your deepest values and aspirations.
Moreover, listening to your intuition can foster self-confidence and authenticity, as you learn to trust your instincts and let them guide your actions, rather than being swayed by external influences
Learning to tap into and trust your intuition can, therefore, lead to increased satisfaction and fulfillment in all areas of life.
Why It’s Easier To Listen To Your Intuition At Night
While you may struggle to hear your inner voice during the day with all the external and internal noise, it can be much easier to tune into your intuition in your dreams. This is because:
- The mind is more relaxed: At night, our mind is in a more relaxed state, making it easier to filter out external distractions and tune into our inner self.
- The subconscious mind takes over: Our intuition often speaks to us through our dreams, as the subconscious mind takes over during sleep.
- Fewer distractions: Unlike during the day when we are surrounded by noise and stimulation, the night offers a quiet and peaceful environment, making it easier to listen to our intuition.
How To Listen To Your Intuition At Night
Here are some tips for tapping into your inner voice through your dreams:
- Set an intention: Before going to bed, set the intention to receive guidance from your intuition through your dreams about a specific topic. This will help focus your mind and make it more likely for your subconscious to deliver messages.
- Keep a dream journal: Keep a notebook by your bed and jot down any dreams or messages that you remember from your dreams upon waking up. This will help you become more aware of the guidance and insights coming from your intuition.
- Meditate before bed: Spend a few minutes meditating before going to sleep. This can help calm the mind and make it easier to receive messages from your intuition during the night.
- Trust your gut feeling: If you wake up with a strong gut feeling or intuition about something, trust it. Even if you don’t remember dreaming or it doesn’t make sense at the time, your inner voice is trying to guide you towards something important.
For example, let’s say you want your intuition to help you decide whether or not someone is right for you. Before going to bed, set the intention to receive guidance about this person through your dreams. You may find yourself dreaming about this person being friends with someone you used to know. If that person had a negative impact on your life, your intuition may be trying to tell you that they are not good for you. If the person had a positive impact on your life your intuition may be trying to tell you that they are good for you. Write down your dream in your dream journal and trust any gut feelings or insights you may have upon waking up.
Is Your Intuition Always Right?
Yes, there’s a deeper side of you connected to more than you know and it’s always guiding you where you need to go. But interpreting what it’s telling you can be hard, and you can get it wrong.
The meaning behind messages can be tricky to decode because the way we interpret our intuition can be influenced by our own biases and beliefs. It is important to keep a clear head and approach any situation with an open and rational mind before making a decision. For instance, if you think your intuition is telling you that your partner is cheating, don’t fly off the handle. Your fears may be influencing how you feel and you may be misinterpreting what your intuition is trying to tell you.
That being said, trusting your intuition is still incredibly helpful when making decisions as long as you are aware of your limitations. If you feel like you are being led to do something, usually it’s for a good reason. Pay attention to your instincts and act with caution when following them. Make sure to take the time to reflect on what you’re feeling and ask yourself why you feel this way. After careful consideration, make the best decision that will ultimately benefit your life in the most positive way possible.